Morosco Consulting Group
Bernard J. Morosco
National Housing Management Consulting
National Training Classes
National Inspection Services
Housing Quality Standards (HQS)
Distance - Online
Nationally Conducted and Recognized
Started in 2006 over 850 certified and active
· Looking to get certified for HQS inspection standards?
· Need training quick?
· Need training that is cost effective?
· Want to get caught up fast?
Then you NEED to Register for the Distance Learning Program for Housing Quality Standards Training on the:
U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development’s
Federal Housing Quality Standards
Benefits of Distance Learning with us
· Proceed at your own pace within a 60 day period (complete in as little as a week)
· Instructor/Coaching advice available via e-mail/online
· Save $$ in travel and lodging costs
· Earn the SAME certification as those high priced expensive classes in the fancy hotels.
· 1 year unlimited access to the instructor after successful completion of training.
SO what do I do?
1. Complete the registration form and fax along with signed Code of Ethics document.
2. Pay Registration Fee (or make payment arrangements) Once Accepted a Manual will be emailed to
you for self study.
There are two examinations
FIRST A 109 Question Multiple Choice on General Maintenance Knowledge. This is not in the
manual and you may utilize the internet and other sources to seek answers to the questions.
(the purpose of the test is to evaluate and qualify your ability to conduct research and learn
in this environment.) Passing score is 75.
SECOND A 50 Question Multiple Choice on HQS Knowledge, This exam is based upon the manual
it is open book and you take it on the honor system without the assistance of others.
Passing Score is 80.
3. You have 30 calendar days to complete the course and test (extensions may be granted dependent
4. You must pass BOTH tests to achieve certification.
5. You will be allowed a second attempt to retake a failed test. If you fail the second attempt on either test, a 3 month
minimum waiting period and you must re-register again for the course.
Certificates and Letters of Training emailed within several days after successfully passing both tests.
How much does it cost?
1. The entire program costs $350.00 payable at this time by check, money order or bank check.
Training Covers the following Topics
~ Description & Purpose of HQS, What is expected by HUD, The five types of HQS Inspections
The HUD Inspection Checklist, How to inspect a unit using the checklist, The requirements of the inspector
~ Developing Local Standards, Inspection Requirements, What standard should I perform my own
inspections to? Acceptability Criteria and Exceptions to HQS
~ The HQS Standard
Sanitary Facilities Food Preparation and Refuse Disposal
Space and Security Thermal Environment
Illumination and Electricity Structure and Materials
Indoor Air Quality Water Supply
Lead Based Paint Access
Site & Neighborhood Sanitary Conditions
Congregate Housing Independent Group Residences
Manufactured Homes Single Room Occupancies (SRO)
Shared Housing Living Room
Habitable Rooms and Hallways Other Rooms
Building Exterior Pipe & Heating Systems
General Health & Safety
~ Lead Based Paint Regulations as they relate to HQS
~ Documentation and Administration
For More Information contact Bernard J. Morosco at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 794-0825
Send mail to email@example.com with questions or comments about this web site.
Copyright © 2001-2017 Bernard J. Morosco (all rights reserved)